I finally decided to...post this meme variant, for fun and for some introspection. Since it's really hard to come up with a list of 100, here is, then, one for the "30 Things 'bout Me"
1. I take my meals on unconventional time: lunch at 6 PM, dinner at 2 AM; I skip breakfast because it makes me dizzy.
2. I have a high alcohol intolerance. I'll get skin rashes all over upon consuming two bottles of beer or a four oz margarita or two glasses of wine.
3. I rarely get sick. Except for the recent discovery that I am allergic to anything that comes along with Spring.
4. According to the Barbara somebody's book, I am a melancholic-choleric.
5. That's partly the reason why I like easy listening music (jazz, country, oldies, blues, classic, chant, pop, rocketc). Any other genre would be great, provided that it has some minor chords.
6. I have a type B blood which according to some research is supposed to carry an aggressive type of personality. I'm not aggressive at all.
7. I can't carry a tune and I can barely play the organ even though I got 12 years worth of private lessons!!!
8. All through elementary school, I wanted to be a judge or lawyer. In junior high, I was thinking about becoming a doctor. In high school, I settled to be an engineer, a chemical engineer to be exact.
9. Two words: Batak bred. But I can understand more Javanese than the Batak language itself, b/c...
10. ...my parents speak Javanese at home; Mom went to school in Semarang, Central Java, while Pop grew up in a Javanese populated rubber/coffee plantation in North Sumatra.
11. I have three great younger siblings: two brothers and a sister.
12. I have a thing for the military: the uniform, the discipline, the ranks and orders (in that order)
13. I'm blessed to get a 4.5 year all-paid scholarship for an undergrad study in the US.
14. As of right now, I am finishing up the requirement for my Master's. My specialty is Semiconductor Fabrication.
15. I will continue to work on a PhD in the same institution, with the same advisor and the same research topic.
16. I have difficulties to talk in front of the public...
17. to have a publicly open personal weblog is a whole other story ;)
18. I am not much of a reality TV fan.
19. Other than
Friends,
Seinfeld, and the like, I watch old old sitcoms such as
Cheers,
Designing Women,
I Love Lucy, and
The Andy Griffith Show.
20. My favorite radio stations are NPR and my school's station KAMU.
21. I was going to pledge in a KAMU's fund-raising, but considering the current economic situation, decided to postpone it to a later time. I will pledge, I promise I will.
22. I was the maid of honor for my one-time roomiee's wedding (hello, Kak Meita!)
23. I like to bowl and to play some b-ball, emphasize on the shooting part, not on the running part ;).
24. At one Permias spring games in Oklahoma, I was going to play with the flag football team. We practiced once before, I loved it.
25. I used to be a cop magnet, as in cops were always around when I'm driving, any time, any place.
26. I got a warning for running a red light and two tickets for speeding and for running a stop sign. Both tickets have not affected my insurance rate, yet. *crossing her fingers*
27. I hate self-help books, except for the
7 Habits of the Highly Effective People.
28. I believe in Feng-Shui.
29. I have a crush on Joel Stein, the TIME columnist.
30. My weight has been exponentially increased these past five years, with some perturbation a couple months before going home for Christmas.
That's all folks!