Do you remember, Pa? When I was in Junior High, you had these two books scattered around the living room? The one with the red cover attracted me first,
The Art of War, it says. You know how much I valued masculinity and everything that comes with it? Because that's just what our culture is? So I read that book cover to cover, wide-eyed, imagining the actual battles that General Tsun Zu distilled his values from. Cool! By the way, the second book I like mostly because of that ink drawing that shows two different perception depending on how you look at it. Well, that, and the contents somehow made sense too.
Do you know, Pa, that those two books were listed as my favorites when they asked me to fill in the form for that scholarship? And the questions arised during the interview based on them? And that's probably, to some extend, why I got the award in the first place?
Hahaha...
Do you remember, B? One of the many cool things you did for me was that when you showed me the way around the library my freshman year. You probably have it in your head the entire classifaction of the Library of Congress. Do you know that you have the most eclectic taste in reading of people I know and that what I read (and don't read) are somehow influenced by you?
Hahaha...
Do you know, T? That you're one of the most prolific bibliovoras I know. Hehehe, besides Miss Didi, of course. I'll make sure if I ever needed advice on all of those economics stuff, I'll come to you. Where are you these days, by the way?
And then, there is you, D. I often wonder what kind of fiction a tough guy like you read...
"So, that Hugh Grant flick About a Boy was based on a novel?"
"Yes, of course. By Nick Hornby, you don't know that? You should read his books. I love them all."
Hahaha...