
Yesterday's highlight was the visit to our department's close-to-completion *insert some million dollars here* building/facility. With the Noah's Ark-y shape and the towering 7 floors, it has been boasted as the signature structure this side of the campus.
So, once again, I got a chance to meet up with an attractive innocent looking young Economist turns building contractor whom, btw, was noticing the difference in moa overall shape. ^-^
The three of us started the second to last final inspection of the seventh floor area where our group's laboratories and offices are located. Those included scrutinizing (and taking pictures of) every single detail of power and gas outlets, flooring, manifolds, jacks, and finishes on each of the four yellow lighted clean rooms and the service aisle. For now, there are some changes required, but at least, they are next to minor.
There are three graduate student offices of a 12 ft x12 ft dimension. Each will hold two occupants, has nice carpeting, and will be fully furnished and 'net powered by the time we move in. Being the only girl, I wouldn't mind having the whole room by myself, we'll see if it would be possible. Apart from the three small offices, there is another nicer, much bigger room with a two-side view of the city and the campus. I suppose there will be some commotion to determine who are the lucky three to occupy that office. I won't jump on that bandwagon, though.
Just outside the offices and laboratories across the hallway are panels of glass walls presenting the nicest view on campus. I just couldn't wait for that long night to come, me badgering on the due paper, taking small rests in between enjoying the peaceful sight of the lighted up buildings, and before I know, the new day would come.
But first, we'll be facing, God forbid, a long, unwinding, difficult period of setting up and trouble-shooting the machines to commence our normal operation. The department authorizes the moving-ins to around mid October, following the Fed required full month gassing out period.