The computer guy gave so much crap about me using personal computer for research and refused to register me to the network without permission from the advisor and other bureaucrazy stuff.
Sometime this week, I'll march myself to Surplus to get one of those school used computers so I can be legally connected again instead of manually copying the other guy's setting and using such higher end of an IP address number.
On a lighter note, the office is fantastic, the chair is ergonomic, and there's a working microfridge inside. I'm sharing the office with another student. There are no windows here but when the door is opened, I can directly see some view of the campus and southern horizon of College Station. At night, lights are twinkling everywhere outside, it makes you feel like you're in one of those airport towers.
So here I am, thinking of the many years will be spent here studying, writing papers, pondering life as we know it.