Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
 

Something fishy

On the packaging of raw fish I used to make this Easter delicacy, it said:
"Whole Tilapia, farm raised, China"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I'm used to Chiquita bananas coming from some South American countries, or Dole pineaples from Hawaii, or those Australian Angus beef. But "slightly frozen" whole Tilapia from China? Walmart sure has gone far in this globalization business. It was a pretty good price, it came up to about $1.60 per fish.

And then I found this from that Frontline PBS show:
"China is the largest exporter to the U.S. economy in virtually all consumer goods categories. Wal-Mart is the leading retailer in the U.S. economy in virtually all consumer goods categories. Wal-Mart and China are a joint venture."

For more read of the show.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?