Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Thursday, April 27, 2006
 

So, that was my day. How was yours?

You know, what? Today, despite of using yet another problematic computer to control the machine, I managed to finish two big deposition schemes. Hooray!

I skipped lunch for that. Well, my lunch was usually nothing but peanut butter granola bars, the generic version of this. So, when the experiments were finally finished at 6:40-ish PM, I was more than eager to heat up my Weight Watchers frozen dinner --with left-over steak on the side. I mean...this morning, when I took out the Creamy Chicken Tuscan box from the freezer, I noticed that it only had 190 calories total from the chicken and the one-half cup of zuchini and other vegetables. So, when I saw that lonely steak in the fridge, I figured, there would be nothing wrong with the extra protein. Excuses, excuses...

Anyway, I heated those things in the microwave for about 5 minutes, scanned through the paper version of The Battalion in the meantime, and when it was all done, I headed back upstairs to eat. I took out my utensils, FYI, I eat frozen food at the office in style honest-to-goodness real fork, knife and spoon.

As I was having my first taste of the dinner, I opened youtube, and search stringing for David Letterman. But suddenly, the fire alarm went off, I think it was right in the middle of the interview with Marilyn Manson. That was how cruel the situation was. Circumstances, emergency or otherwise, pull people out of their dinnertime. No wonder Mother vetoed against me taking into early admission to medical school here. There just bound to be many many of that kind of interruption in doctors' lifes, she said. 'kay, Mommy, I got it now.

I looked at my dinner and was torn in between to just stay there at the office and keep eating or to go out to safety. It might be just yet another false alarm. But then the thought of a headline "A 26 Year Old Graduate Student Dies inAsphyxation While Holding What Appeared to be a Frozen Food Dinner and a Steak" was not enticing enough. So, I joined the bandwagon of grumpy graduate students down to the ground floor and out. We could've picnic out there, the weather was nice.

20 minutes later, they annnounced that we could go in. I don't think anyone bothered to ask what was truly happening.

So, that was my day. How was yours?



Comments:
my day yday consisted of comin home from badminton.. tired and sweaty...and eating some mi.. while watchin some eyeshield.. and fallin asleep in the course of doin so....and wakin up an hr later..

from that point on.. ive been staring blankly at my geology book.. while attempting to digest all the info presented on the page... and every once in a while finding myself falling asleep and wakin up with some liur on my face..and trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes.. and reading somemore.. and falling asleep again.. the cycle continued until abt an hr ago ago.. when i decied to just .. give up for good... ahahha.. now im abt to leave and face hell...i hope it wont burn me too much.

goodbye k'inda..hope to see you soon.. thats if i dont die today.. laters!
 
oh that was one heckuva long comment. :P just think of it as a goodbye letter..farewell k'inda inda hon. hahaha
 
Now, I prefer comments like that first one, feels like a post. See, if people could just do that in here, blogging at the comment box, I mean. That way, I don't have to click to too many other places. Hahahaha... :p
 
let's see. I worked worked worked, left office around 7.50 (i was on the other comp when you messaged me last), went home, cooked sausage and omelette (i don't do frozen dinner, sorry), read donald ducks, then did a little grocery at a nearby tom-thumb, drove around out of boredom (and found out there is a target so close to my apartment), went back home again, put the grocery away and neatly folded all the plastic bags into triangles and finally went to bed early.
 
Donald Duck? No fair. Send some of 'em here!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?