Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Thursday, July 31, 2003
 
I have found Nemo

Blah...It was so hot outside today--weather.com said it felt as if it was at 555.67°Rankine. Poor me, for the purpose of inquiring about some quartz polishing service, I had to walk across campus to this place called the Biological Science Building.

It was a good thing that I have my sun-glasses on, but it definitely was a bad thing to wear a semi-tight pair of jeans. (And I wonder, how are the cowboys surviving the hot humid temperature in those tighties jeanies). Anyhow, the superego preached, "You've made the choice to come and live here, so live with it".

The sight of cool blue light and multi-colored creatures living in a 130-gallon saltwater aquarium wiped out the so-called torture as I entered the destination building. It sort of looked like the picture below.


Anyone with enough talent and resources would've come up sooner with a Finding Nemo-like idea after witnessing such amazing display. Guys, lemme tell you, it's such an easy task to despise that 5-gallon aquarium at home.

The saltwater aquarium is a serious project supervised by a Biology proffesor, which since its first display in 1989, has involved some 485 students. The environment is mimicking the real reef situation which includes the current relived by a high circulation of water, halide bulbs for photosynthesis, and real "live" rocks. The population consists of, clown fish, tang, anemone, scallops, shrimp, urchin, blenny, and bunch o invertabrae.

I, for sure, will come back to enjoy the fun.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?