D-7
I should've finished the slides by today. That way, it will leave me just enough time to go through the material (for another zillion times). I need to ponder the kind of questions the audience--and more importantly, the committee members-- would be asking on the defense. This heartburn, presumably coming from consuming the arched fast-food's meal for dinner, is killing me. So, I decided to take a break.
In the afternoon, we had yet another meeting with the construction people to clarifiy the what-and-whereabout of the additional things we have asked them to install. There is something about Texans, or any Southerners for that matter, that makes one feels secure. Their sincerity and cool attitude have made the whole planning and re-planning easier on both parties.
I spent lots of hours afterward working on the animations of the deposition and etching proces, both are for the advisor. I am not quite satisfied with the result, but it had consumed a lot more time than what I could afford. So, I called it a quit, sent it to him, and went out for a take-out dinner.
Taking dinner while browsing through Letterman's DaveTv is one of the two of my favorite office dinner activities (the other will be watching Frasier's season 10 from a friend's massive burnt CD collections). Right after, it was back to PowerPoint-ing. Before I realized, it was 12 AM already. The presentation is roughly 80% finished.
In retrospect, this was not such a bad day afterall. I've got the OGS confirmation about the final defense schedule. The defense will be on December 9, at 2 PM, Zach 120. Come, you guys, if you will. I got the rough draft conference --this is to make sure all part of the thesis fit inside the blue-lined paper-- scheduled. It will be on the day before the defense. I've also scheduled a "formal" defense practice session in the presence of fellow group members this Friday. I will get my brother and sister and the three girls next door for a quick practice beforehand.
So, I think, I will be okay. Thank you for all of your overwhelming support. Love ya all.
PS:
The season of Advent does not prohibit liberal Caths from participating or throwing early X-mas party. There are two invitations for me just for this weekend. Sadly, I don't wanna go. I just want to stay in bed, wrapped up in warm blanket, drinking hot cocoa, reading my thesis, getting ready for Tuesday.