Mutiny on the Bounty
Consuming 280 mL of a certain vanilla-flavored coffee drink with 2 oz of some cheap Belgian chocolate and a tiny bar of some cookie & caramel sugary snack
on a go surely vented yesterday and yesternight's stress out. But let me tell you, physically, I became far and away from fine.
The followings are my favorites of the
Things to do at Your Thesis Defense list. I might be able to use some of them, seriously.
Pre or post presentation:
# 69. Have a make-your-own-sundae table during the defense.
# 88. Have everyone pose for a group photo.
Opening line:
# 10. "Ladies and Gentlemen, as I dim the lights, please hold hands and concentrate so that we may channel the spirit of Lord Kelvin..."
#142. "By the power of Greyskull..."
During presentation:
# 32. Switch halfway through your talk to Pig Latin.
# 75. "The responsorial psalm can be found on page 124 of the thesis..."
# 95. Spontaneously combust.
#116. Use the words "marginalized", "empowerment", and "patriarchy".
Q & A session:
#28. "Please phrase your question in the form of an answer..."
Speaking of thesis defense, what is a thesis defense anyway?
"A thesis defense has two parts: a thesis and a defense. The second mistake many students make is not knowing what their thesis is. The third mistake is not knowing how to defend it. (The first mistake is describe later.)
Your thesis is not your dissertation. Neither is it a one liner about what you are doing. Your thesis is "a position or proposition that a person (as a candidate for scholastic honors) advances and offers to maintain by argument." [Webster's 7th New Collegiate Dictionary]. "I looked at how people play chess" is not a thesis; " people adapt memories of old games to play new games" is. Similarly, "I wrote a program to play chess" is not a thesis; "playing chess requires a database of actual games" is. A thesis has to claim something."
-
Chris Riesbeck
Would you look at that. I think I have fallen into making the second mistake, and third, and the first for that matter. *beating heart and soul*