Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Wednesday, March 17, 2004
 

As promised before...

This is a picture of Ndoros Xinda & Yadda posing somewhere in the China town. We had just finished a late afternoon dimsum session and some oriental grocering, which was followed by a visit to the bubble tea place and the Chinese bakery next door. Oh, for a bit more fun for the day out, we decided to put some teenagery make-up on. Could you guys spot it? Anyway, the next stop was the MFAH.

This is a picture of Ndoros Xinda & Yadda (again) posing from the roof top garage of the MFAH. Cool, eh? It was around 5:30-6 PM, the sun was just setting. You could not trade anything for a piece of serenity like that in the big city.

This is a blurry me posing inside the museum. It is one of the few places inside that they let people take pictures. I didn't remember what was the painting I was earnestly explored. But I do remember this, the two paintings on the back were by Impressionists Cassat and one of the unfinished Manet. High art, low art, what is art, anyway?

We didn't have any film left in the camera, so there was no picturesque commemoration of the hearty, yummy burgers (Jamaican Jerk, Wild Salmon, House) we three consumed at Hobbit Cafe. You guys just have to take my words, those ranked very high on the list of the finest burgers I've ever had in my entire burger-eating career.

I'm off to South Padre in a couple hours, adios amigos!

X





<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?