Five years ago, a knock on the door.
Hi, I just got back from Columbus. I thought I'd brought you something.
Oh, thank you so much. *Admiring the miniature license plate keychain with my name on it.*
Well, gotta run now. I'll see you later.
I didn't even invite him in. Wonder if it should have brought more than the occasional "Hi, Hello, Goodbye". And then he graduated this year and he left.
***
Three years ago, on a communal graduation reception.
Sorry for coming here so late. Congratulations! *He gave me a big hug and kisses on both cheeks.*
Thanks.
*silent moment*
Oh, I need to go, I'm cooking some BBQ for Gretchen, you're welcome anytime.
I've never expected that hug and those kisses, much less from him.
***
Two nights ago, on an intermission inside a big auditorium. He walked up to me...
Hi, how are you doing?
Pretty good, thank you. *it felt like he was undressing me from head to toe, and I paused for a second*
And how are you?
I'm good.
and then the show was starting and we parted.
***
Last night, we, he and I, were browsing through the photo albums.
Wawawa, ayo tolong diskip foto-foto yang ini, malu bo'.
Kenapa? *malah ngeliatin itu foto-foto lebih seksama*
Lo cakep.
*gubraks* That was coming from the guitar god.
I guess I am not among the mortals with the ability to smoothly handle awkward moments like those. Where should one learn the art of throwing and receiving "flattery", especially when it involves the attractive of the opposite sex?
Oh, I'm just xonaive.