It was pouring yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. It is not today, it probably will, judging from the cloudy sky and all. It doesn't feel like summer, which is good.
I usually count on the piercing rays of the sun for wake up buzz. Yesterday, the situation given, it was to no suprise that I woke up hours after the usual time --to the pouring water sound no less. A quick snap down through the window to the ditch in front of the apartment revealed that it was 3/4 full. When I looked down again a few minutes later, the water level had already raised to approximately 2" more. So, that was it, time to move The Rage to an elevated parking spot on the back of the building across. The poor thing couldn't handle flooded thread like that, not anymore. I went outside in my sleeping attire (nothing fancy, you poor tweep), umbrellaless --it was hairwashing day.
The whole raining background was perfect for a
Singing in the Rain type of choreography. Considering I'm no where near being a dancely coordinated person, the idea just dusted off my mind, besides, I had no umbrella on, remember. I managed to turn on the radio right when they announced that "It is a 100% chance raining in the morning and 80% in the afternoon." 100% chance, how did they come up with that? [Weather radio people: Oh yeah, it's raining now, we definitely could tell the audience out there that it's a 100% chance raining, we are just so darn smart.]
Shall I continue bantering on the weather people? I think I shall.
This morning, while devouring a bowl of Kokoa Krisp, I inadvertently tuned on the Weather Channel right on their
Global Weather segment. They gave coverage of some European cities, which was only of the Scandinavian side. There were nothing in there about places in Asia, Africa, South America, Australia, or the rest of the world for that matter... What's so global about it? Phoeey.
Happy watery day! I'm off home to enjoy the back-to-back
Law & Order.