An e-mail from somebody thanking me for posting pictures of Rumbai (and vicinity).
From : T******26@aol.com
Sent : Tuesday, August 3, 2004 1:12 AM
To : xinda_huhu@msn.com
Subject : (no subject)
Wow, your pictures meant a lot to me. After living in Rumbai for four years, I'm devastated that no one in my family thought to take pictures of things that we saw everyday. I haven't been to Indonesia in ten years, but this summer I took a trip with my family to China. It was the first time since Indonesia that I had been back to Asia. Now I am all of a sudden so homesick for Indonesia and no one around me understands, except for my family. Thank you again for having those pictures posted.
What to reply? Tell her I'm planning a trip home this December and promise to take more meaningful shots? Ah, home sweet home. After three years, I wish I could stay longer than two weeks.