Sometimes, small things in your work environment bring a suprising change on your routine. Take yesterday morning for example, as I was just arriving at the office, the cleaning lady was finishing her final touch waxing the office floor. It was so clean and shiny I could be basking at my own reflection. Believe it or not, this increase on surface reflectivity created a work-more-efficient-! aura despite of the fact that weekend was just a couple of hours away.
From our little chit chat, I found that it took her about three hours to work on the two laboratories and the two rooms this side of the hallway. We also discussed her preference on the type of moving furniture that better accomodate the wax effect. “Yours and this chair are good. Those two are definitely not, it scratches the floor, leaving black marks.” I praised her hard work and she asked me to tell the guys with the scratchy chairs to please lift them instead of pulling whenever he/she wants to move it. We then bid Good-Byes and Happy Weekends.
Speaking of weekends, now that it finally comes, it doesn't feel as good as I imagined it would be. I am back at the lab, skipping breakfast & lunch, working on my part of the group's overdue project. The one thing I am looking for in today's agenda is the before-dawn-hour-long jogging at the Research Park.
I find it inconceivable, one day you are racing home for a big dinner to lay down your day's worth anxiety, the next day and the next-next days, for the same purpose and beyond, you are racing home for a jog in a park. I hope this fancy stays put forever, especially for the next sixteen weeks. *winks*
Have yourself a good weekend.
Signing off,
X