Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
 

Being negative

Today in class, instead of listening to the professor's usual mountainous amount of misleading information, ignorant description and whatnot, I was mentally composing what I will jot down on her teaching evaluation come the end of the semester.

It was a pretty long list, from the superficial --the annoying way she pronounces "ion" ('I(-&)rn instead of 'I-&n)-- to the heavyweight (blatantly copying some material from the internet and saying way too many blank words about it, which of course doesn't add to your comprehension of the matter at hand).

Gagh.

And then, I received this forwarded e-mail (not related to the stuff above):
G******,

It will be fine for the Indonesian choir to sing the entrance hymn for the Procession of the Nations.

Then another choir will lead the opening hymn.

OK. What does it mean? Is the "entrance hymn for the Procession of the Nations" just another name for the Prelude?

I sent the Choir Director a friendly e-mail to clarify the situation. But if my premonition is proven right, that's one unfair situation. We were asked to sing for the entrance and is reduced to a mere prelude. Actually, it's not so much about the singing, it's about the way this Director treating people without respect. Every semester, I have to deal with this kind of treatment from him and I'm just tired.

Singing for the Entrance Procession or bust!


Oh, oh, one more thing while we are being negative today,
Mulder: "This... this place that they took you to, can you describe it to me, tell me what it looked like?"

Schiff: "It was white. A white place. It was featureless."
Ha, what do I know, just like this blog.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?