Flashback, freshman year, Spring 1998. I was walking to a Math 152 recitation vowing myself to lose some pounds, because otherwise, that pair of great corduroy I was wearing wouldn't fit any longer. Freshman 15 (in my case, more like Freshman 30) is not a myth, you see.
Many many semesters, two degrees, and six years later, it was impossible to even slide myself knees up on the said pants. I, on the other hand, didn't realize --well, more like couldn't careless-- over the fact that I had gained so much weight over time...until last year, due to the planned three-week trip home that December. It's been a personal crusade ever since.
So here I am, 16 months into getting-back-to-the-highschool-weight routine, 60% onto the targeted weight. I have learned that it's not about the diet as much as about being active and having a balanced life-style. This semester, however, it reminds me of just how easy it is to fall down into the same trap. What with the working until the wee hours of the morning, not having enough exercise time to be squeezed in, and the insensible eating.
So, wish me luck.
PS:
Surprisingly, today, I found out that the pants fit me almost perfectly. Yippie!