Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Monday, June 05, 2006
 

Miss Didi, you once asked if I had a dream wedding

I said, nope, with a capital N.

Really, what I meant was that I'd never thought of the kind of reception I --I mean we, if there is ever a we to begin with-- would have. That, and anything else for that matter. But in turn, I already have a general picture of the ceremony or at least its musical selection; presented here as a collection of MIDI files, just in case you guys are curious.

Prelude: Schubert's Ave Maria
Parents procession: Bach's Wachet Auf
Bridesmaid/ Maid of Honor procession: Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus
Bride Procession: Mascagni's Intermezzo
Gathering: Morning Has Broken
Responsorial Psalm: Joncas' I Have Loved You
Alleluia: Celtic
Sanctus, Acclamation, Amen: don't know yet
Presentation of gift: Ubi Caritas
Lamb of God: Haugen's Dona Nobis Pacem
Communion: Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
Recessional: Bach's Gigue



Comments:
Nope, huh? :D
 
...at least the selection is almost there. Now, it's down to think about a profesional schola to lead the songs and then the pipe organist, the pianist and two violinists.

Or I could always employ the sibblings. NY as Maid of Honor (or will it be Matron of Honor?) slash violinist together with lil bro. Not so lil bro could be one of the groomsmen slash organist and pianist. Hmmm....yeah...what a fantasy!

:p
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?