Lately, I wonder what to do with my life (outside school). It hit me harder since you've been away, Princy.
Really, I should not be the least worried. I used to volunteer here and there, I could start involving on those kind of stuff again. There are also personal goals to reach by the end of the summer. And plus, it's about time --overdue, to be honest-- to have a wider social circle.
Anyway, I woke up this morning at nine and went back curling under the blanket. I could always attend a later Mass, I thought, abusing the many Masses offered to my own liking.
Turned out, I forgot that I'd been invited to a lunch for an old friend who's flying all the way from Detroit to attend a wedding here at St. Mary's. G's phone call woke me up, reminded me of such engagement.
I half-heartedly went an hour later and not before finishing chatting online with NY. It turned out to a bless in disguise. I met a former Campus Minister who is entering a formation with the Marianist Sisters down in San Antonio. It's been entering my mind once or twice about joining some type of religious life. Still, don't think it's my call.
"What's a typical day in a convent? I've never met someone who's actually on discerning," I said.
She first described the different type of religious life for the Sisters: cloistered, semi-cloistered, and active. She belongs to the last one. For this year, she's still having a full time job but will be on a noviciation for two years before taking a vow of poverty, chastity, obedience, and stability. She then described the type of life they have, their activities and such.
Then, all of us bantered funny stories about one of the parish priests. Yesterday turned out to be his birthday.
Once upon a time, Fr. D spoke at the Spanish Mass and asked the people to distribute the paper to their fellow neighbors along the pews.
"
Pase los ojos," he said as opposed to
las ojas.
"
O, Padre, pase tus ojos" said one of the ladies. Everyone agrees that the Father has the most beautiful blue eyes, as blue as the ocean.
Then, it was followed by short fact exchanges, things that would not let you to believe this kind of person is Priest material:
"He had girlfriends...a lot..."
"He rode motorcycles...the big one..."
"He's more flamboyant..."
"...and don't forget those eyes"
All in all, it was refreshing, a meet up like this.
PS:
Udah lama pengen nanya...70.17.187.# Macintosh MacOSX Safari 1.3, do we know each other ?