Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Wednesday, April 09, 2003
 
Starry, starry night...

As I walked home from school on the wee hours of this morning, there was a very bright spot in the dark yet clear sky. So I have this internal conversation:
xinda1: Hmm..what's that? Another one of those cell phone relay?
xinda2: O, it's not. It's a actually a very bright star.

I wonder what is its name, I've never payed much attention on the stars much less on the constellation before. On the next couple steps, my question was answered.

Somebody: Hey, girl (she actually said: "cewek")

I was like, who is that? O..it's I and P. 30 secs before, I was thinking, what is this couple doing in the middle of cold morning, standing there on the pedestrian's walk. It turned out that they were actually on a "break" on the way to Ihop. Girl, it's only a couple steps away...hihihi...

Then, I uttered my excitation about the bright spot.
xinda: Hey, did you see that bright star, where is it? (I circled couple times cause suddenly I lost the sight to the star because of this tree nearby.) Is it Venus?
P: No..it's actually Jupiter. Venus is closer to the sun compared to Jupiter, so we couldn't see it that bright around this time. I heard that they found another satellite for Jupiter, so now there are 53, but you can only see 48, using the telescope.
xinda: (*talk to I*)wow...smart guy.

So, it's official. I have found a new subject for observation. P has a pretty powerfull telescope that we will be able to see all of those amazing bodies. I want to have my own telescope now, hmm..maybe not now now..anyway....Ebay...here, I come.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?