Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Monday, May 12, 2003
 
Daddy-Long-Legs

Against the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People that I've been trying to implement, I spent a grand total of 4 hours on a graduation BBQ of a friend. It was fun, we had some barefoot frisbee and badminton out in the open space and lotsa food. Thanks to the "wicked weather" in some parts of the continent, outside temperature in CS was not that high that particular afternoon.

The Armenian BBQ was a blast. Try this:
1. Grill some green peppers, eggplants, tomatoes and onion.
2. Chop it into smaller pieces, put some salt and olive oil.
Voila, best salsa ever! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to interview the cook for the heavenly grilled chicken recipe.

After pretty much swamped, I still needed to get back to the writing. But I couldn't resist to turn on the TV and found out that Daddy-Long-Legs would be played in a couple of minutes. From 1919, a silent movie (my first ever) revolved around an orphan Jerusha Abbot-nicknamed Judy, and her anonymous benefactor/would be lover. The movie had been on a remade twice, in 1931 and 1955. But somehow, I got more satisfaction from the silent version. No distraction from the dialogue so you are forced to associate more with only the visuals. Maybe it was Pickford's performance that glued it all.

Shoot, my stomach is growling now. Mommy has warned me not to eat any of those Ramen. ...what could be my linner?

PS, on a totally different subject:
Don't you think natural bluish-green eyes make the opposite sex way more attractive? It's a psychological thing, since you can clearly make some "contact" straight to the pupil. Actually any colour lighter than black/brown will do, I just find the blue-green combination much more exotic. OMG, I indeed posses some flirtatious behaviour.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?