Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Monday, April 28, 2003
 
B.O.B.O.

A reminiscence to one hot (*literally speaking*) afternoon in Jkt, 18 years back. Mom picked nap time stories from Bobo, a children magazine, and read them for me and my bro.

Um...failed opening. Anyway, anyone with Indonesian as the mother tounge, do you remember the said magazine? Our family's Bobo subscription lasts almost 20 years and counting, from the days of my literary darkness up to this day. I've been fascinated with the imaginative and fun stuff, the science features, the whole wide world legends, and the moral stories from the featured characters: Bobo & family, Bona & Rong Rong, Oki, Nirmala & Ratu Bidadari, Si Sirik & Juwita. Bobo did play some role in my upbringing.

There is one particular Bobo feature that I have trully enjoyed. The bonus part in the middle of the magazine: the adventure of Pak Janggut and his magic bag. I've been trying to find more about the comic. As Google search returned 0 result, I know I should have start writing the magazine for more info [Rats, I don't even know the original name of the comic]. But if somebody knows or knows anyone that knows the stuff about Pak Janggut, please do contact me. Muchas gracias.

Ok, now enough with the stuff from the past. I just got an e-mail from our HS mi-list:
Big kudos to Uda and his future bride for a wonderful life ahead.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?