Insomniac
So, I just found out the answer to my question. What comes out of the lack of sleeping and nutrition? IMSONIAC.
I had finished the paper and the proposal on Friday afternoon and submitted it to the Proffesor by 5PM. Went to watch midnight Bruce Almighty for a celebration. By the time the movie ended, it was already a 27-hours of no sleeping and I didn't feel any urge to rest. So, I came back to the office, did a lot of social blogging, browsing, the usual stuff.
J, the officemate, showed up around 4AM Sat, apparently he has got some sleeping disorder of his own and decided to get some work done. Around 6:30, he asked me if I was somber enough to take turn driving with him to Houston's Chinatown for some groceries. Sounded like a good idea, I had always wanted to try how powerful a Honda Accord is and of course it was about time for some exotic food shopping.
Arrived in Bellaire around 9:00, we proceeded to his favorite supermarket,
Welcome. I usually go to either
Diho or the new
Hong-Kong, they have more Indonesian stuff there.
Welcome is not bad either, actually it has more good stuff compared to
Diho, but the seafood market is definitely less than the new
Hong-Kong.
People have certain shopping preference, don't you think? I guess
Welcome belongs to the Mandarin speaking people, while
Diho to the Cantonese speaking ones, and
Hong-Kong is definitely a Vietnamese area. So, since he is a Taiwanese, it's just natural for him to choose that particular market.
So, I got the usual Indonesian stuff I needed then the seafoods, some green tea, a lot of Tofu, and also the vegetables I could never find in CS. It's nice to go grocery shopping with people from different culture, you would get introduced to the many possibilities out there. J exposed me to the many new stuff like the Rice-Crispies-looking egg cake, Kim-Chi-like vegetable, and this nice fresh home-made chive dumplings.
While he got some haircut done, I visited 2 oriental gift shops, but found nothing really interesting in there. Then we went to a Chinese bakery, also got some SARS update for the area from the owner. There was a rumor that this one man who worked in one of the markets died of unknown reason. It wasn't at all near to the SARS infected symptome, but still people got scared and they decided to close down the businesses for a day or two. Oh BTW, there was this little cute thing, while in the market, I was sneezing a little and immediately I got a meanest looking glance from this middle age man. His daughter was on a shopping car about 4 feet from me, then, he just pulled her closer to him in an instant.
Done with all the necessary business, we headed back to CS. Arrived at home around 2PM, ate some stuff from the newly acquired foods, and then went to sleep (finally...). I think my brother did some sort of Indian victory dance over the food. Yeah, he was
that excited.