Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Sunday, July 13, 2003
 
Movie Time

So, I caught the last 30 minutes of You've Got Mail on TV last night. As one of my fav flicks of all time, I must've watched it like 10 times already. Yeah, it might romanticized New York City and the internet a tad too much, but I just couldn't help to fall in love with both Kathleen Kelly and Joe Fox characters, both are so, so meant for each other.

To me, one of the best scenes is the ending. When Kathleen waited for NY152 in the park for their first rendezvous, and instead she heard Joe's calling Barkley and coming her way. Did you look at her expression? She was numbed, perplexed, and the instant she realized what truly happened, she released all of the emotions, the sadness and the overjoyousness... Is that kind of feeling really exist when you meet that sincere amore? I think I'm way too naive.

Anyhow, guys, if you have a chance and happened to like the adventures genre, go watch Pirates of Carribean. It's 2 hours plus full of fun. Based on its trailers, it wasn't even on my summer blockbuster list, but I'm glad I finally chose to watch it over T3. A couple of interesting aspects of the Pirates:
-It's hard to predict how the story ends, that way, the adventurous factor is pretty high
-It's hilarious, Johny Depp's Jack Sparrow really lives up the moments.
-The romance is not that cheesy.

I need to watch it again on video. Darn Brittish accent...




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?