Vent
So, this colleague and I were discussing the proper operating procedure of the newly-improved reactor. Safety has always been my first priority. Mind you, all the gasses used are flammable, even one of them is explosive. A bomb waiting to explode is what is this reactor is all about, if we are not exercising a scoop of extra caution.
I have a point that we should keep the source of inert gas open the whole time, that way it'll be a fail safe system. After all, the gas control system itself has a self-regulated valve that will introduce the inert gas whenever the reactor needs it. But of course, the system has no use if the main gas source is closed,
right?
He was strongly against the idea. He believes that the procedure I proposed, first, will adverserly affect the quality of the film deposited, and second, it will waste a lot of gas. My counter arguments were that there's no way the gas will leak into the reactor, and that we're not going to do any waste here since there is that self regulated valve down there.
It could have been a one nice intelectual discussion. Ideally, it should go like this: I presented my case, he presented his, we discussed the possibility and then came up with the proper solution, all in a clear and nice argumentative way. But what I've been through yesterday was something else. During the course of the
talk, I maintained an easy going attitude, he, on the other hand, was burstly raising his voice. Hey, man, you're not succeeded badgering me with that kind of attitude! Watch that temper of yours, please. I have noticed that he does the same thing whenever he "discuss" anything with anyone.
So we ended up bring the subject up to the other colleague, who quickly sensed the belligerent situation. It turned out, I was right, provided that the self-regulated valve work perfectly. Yeah baby, it felt really good. I wish he'll get his lesson someday.
I feel a bit uplifted now.