While I was picking up the pictures from the 1-hour service, the over-friendly photo woman complimented me on how wonderful and fun the road trip was. Apparently, she had enough time to go through all of them, the pictures, that is. I found it creepy that she did tell me something like that. Well, maybe not as creepy as if she'd said that the camera added a couple more pounds on me or that I looked better in person *winks*. She could be easily the real case personification of Seymour 'Sy' Parrish of the
One Hour Photo. Doesn't unwritten rule exist out there, that photo developing people should not comment on any of the pictures developed, not without being asked for? Boo...
My brother has been back here from home for one week. Among other good stuff in his luggages, he brought the most complete food-stuff-from-home ever assembled. This includes X-mas cookies (
nastar and three others), garlic peanuts, crispy yummy
Kue Bawang,
Silver Queens and other wafer-type snacks, tons of raw
krupuk,
Dodol Garut,
Ting-Ting, lotsa candies, and some other stuff I couldn't remember. We carefully rationed them so that it will be enough for, you know, at least 3 months. It turns out, at
this rate, we'll definitely run out of them much much faster than initial expectation. Oh, well...
PS:
There is nothing more mindbloggingly beautiful as in listening to one whole Pink Floyd album while working on one's homework, feeding on dark Silver Queen on a nice Monday afternoon.