Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Monday, August 09, 2004
 

Phonecall

The scene was 9:26 AM this last Sunday. I was peacefully sleeping despite of the piercing rays of sun through the window which caused the gradual elevated temperature not suitable for a comfortable prolonged sleeping session.
*ring-ring*
X:
Hello
The other end:
H******? *someone with a borderline sober sound* (H****** is my full first name)

Yeah
What are u gonna do today?
Who's this? *didn't recognize the guy's voice*
Jim
Jim who?
I met you at the Northgate last night.
I'm nowhere near Northgate last night.
Really? I didn't meet you there last night?
Nope.
Well I'm sorry, you have a good morning.
???
I'm the only H****** in the school system --and quite possibly in the B/CS area. How did he get my number?
  1. From the B/CS phonebook, but it sorts people by their last name only.
  2. TAMU phonebook (the online version, naturally, sorts people by either name).
  3. One of my previous students mixed up my phone number on their address book.
  4. It was somebody making a prank call from information posted outside the laboratories.
  5. Fill in the blanks


Unfortunately, the caller ID displayed private untracked information from the call. Furthermore, I'm in no Matlock mood to investigate more on this. I have no idea why I'm posting it here.

Btw, the Northgate area houses several establishments which provide the closest thing to a night life here in our stupendous little town.

Have a good Monday, I guess.




Comments:
kejadian yang sangat dettavu...
 
7elwa: Kebetulan lagi keabisan batere telpon yang satu itu, Ni, nggak keliatan jadinya, kalo nggak juga nggak bakalan diangkat. he he.

Jeng Chrysalic:Dettavu, dettavu, will you the fandango? Omong-omong, penelpon gelap waktu itu sudah berhasil diberantas, Jeng?
 
Jangan diberantas dong, entar kita punah situ kangen lho.
 
belum tau sapa dan males untuk tau sapa...
huhuhuhuhu.... =P
 
Gua kasih tau mau tak?
 
Odol: Kalo sang penelponnya itu misterius tapi mengasikkan boleh juga sih nggak usah diberantas, tapi kalo seperti pengalamannya Jeng Chrys, mending enggak deh ya. Mending mamam-mamam aja.

Jeng Chrys: Sptnya Odol bisa menelusuri jejak tuh, gimana Jeng, tertarik kah?
 
haio odol kalao bisa kasi tau siapa gerangan orang itu saya yang trakteer mie ayam dech jeng... :p
 
Weleh, emangnya saya anjing pelacak.
 
Jangan ngomongin anjing ah, kan...
 
Kan kakinya empat?
 
Iya, berkaki empat, seperti halnya sebuah meja. Jadi nggak boleh dimakan, gitchu...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?