After that strike of not attending mass all together for several months and finally experienced that there was something missing from my life, I've decided from
then on to again trying to grasp the meaning of the Eucharist --and then to be able to apply it to the day-to-day life. See, all this time, I've always been sort of an ignorant relic.
I've also signed up to become one of the Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion for the 7 PM Sunday mass. After last weekend's commissioning, this weekend is our team's turn distribute the hosts and the wine to the congregration.
It was on a summer mass three years ago, when I distributed the wine from the chalice and said "The body of Christ" instead of "The blood of Christ". I didn't catch the mishap until about the half end of the line. No wonder people were looking at me confused but still proceeded to walk back to their pews.
We'll see what's the story this second time around.