Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Friday, October 22, 2004
 

Burned milanesa and mariachi

Today, we start moving some of the boxes and equipments to the 7th floor of the new building. We managed to get a pellet jack, a flatbad, and three carts to haul the stuff over. All in all, there were two trips made back and forth and now the two old laboratories seem a bit empty. It wasn't that hot, so there weren't too much perspiration involved.

We will move some stuff again tomorrow and Sunday. The mover will be ready to move our big and heavy machines on Monday. They will dedicate twenty people to our research group alone. Hopes everything will be okay. Packing and moving are quite easy, it's the unpacking and the re-installation that are going to be really really tricky.

Anyway, this afternoon Ndoro Yadda and her gank went to the H-town. That left Brother and I for the Friday night dining out ritual. We went to the usual Taqueria and when we arrived, the mariachi band from last Sunday's International Mass was performing on one of the tables. On their way out, the band distributed their name card to each and every occupied table.

I ordered the chimicanga, Bro ordered some pollo. The food came while we were in the middle of the second basket of chips, their salsa verde was extremely good tonight. The milanesa on my chimichanga was a bit burned. It was still okay, though. For desert, we were aiming for the tres leches, but got the flan instead. They had sold out most of the desert delicacies for the day.

I want to see the midnight show of I Heart Huckabees but I'm extremely tired, so maybe tomorrow night.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?