Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Friday, November 19, 2004
 

A sweet little (baking) disaster

It's not a disaster really, cause in the end everybody was happy and jumpy. Here goes...

Ndoro Yadda is up to her baking mood again. Last night, she and I tried this pecan pie recipe. Now, pecan pie is my all time favorite pie. I mean, you just couldn't go wrong with pecan pie. Some other pies, namely apple, cherry or blueberry, require the right prepping of the filling, so that in the end, a balance between sweet and tangy taste is achieved. Not the case with pecan pie. The recipe calls for a no brainer mixture of light corn syrup, mollases, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and pecan pieces.

All those into the store-bought crust and then the would-be pie was proceeded to baking at 350 for 25 minutes and freezer-cooled for at least two hours. At the end of those two hours, I went down happily to the kitchen to slice some of the sugar heaven. Turned out the syrup were mostly still in their liquid state. It was still great, though. The crust was perfect and so were the pecans. It was just our sugar level went sky rocket high after a while.

I'm planning to bring some homemade pie for the annual Thanksgiving lunch at the advisor's. Let's see if we can fix this liquid problem before Thursday. I guess baking at longer time will make it work.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?