Texas weather during winter time is maniacal. One day, it could be hot almost as hell, the next day, fine thin layers of ice could be formed on your windshield. Heck, Houston was
snowing, on the 24th, of December.
Me, I'm just glad that I found the other half of my old cashmere lined leather gloves. Now if I could find a cap to prevent heat escaping vertically and maybe a matching shawl? So much for being a fashionista wannabe.
Another terrible thing about winter this year was that it completely killed our low-charged four year old car battery. To make it worst, it was Sunday and the only open car stuff store was in Bryan. Ndoro Yadda called a towing company to bring the car up there, just to make it easier since our jumper cable is being misplaced somewhere and we were too lazy to call friends for help. Hence, the title of the post.
The whole ride to the store was full of awkward conversation between me and driver/owner. Few examples:
Him: Do you know if it stays this cold the whole day?
Moa: I don't know I haven't seen the weather report.
Him: People should drive on that side while going East and this side while going West, just in case something happen you could go the right instead coming into the ditch.
Moa: Ah yes, I wonder why the don't put any safety precaution along.
Moa: So you guys are open 24/7?
Him: Mainly for accidents. We didn't really do anything on Sunday since most of the car garages are closed.
All these while he's looking at me from top to bottom and reaching for his Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't know, I was probably just being too sensitive. Anyway, the car is fixed.