Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Monday, February 14, 2005
 

Because it's Valentine and I have nothing else to say

On Valentine's Eve, my sister and I were watching the Grammy's while doing our homeworks.
The assortment of chocholates we bought the day before were long gone by this time and we ended up just staring over the commercial breaks.

One of them featured a SAAB commercial where they showed people waiting to pick up their bags in the baggage claim. All of those bags were identical down to the red ribbons that were intended to serve as an identification tools.

And I turned to Sis,
Me:
"I know the kind of travelling bag you would have. It's big and has magnificent bright colors, it easily stands up among those other muted colored blah bags."
Sis:
"And it should have lots of pockets and preferabbly cheap. Like those Barbie carry-ons, that would be perfect."
"While I, on the other hand, would buy the more expensive one with the blackest black and the most obscure label."
"Yeah, haha, and when you have kids, you won't buy them dolls or other useless cute stuff, you would rather buy them puzzles, mindgames, educational Leap Frogs, and books, lots of books"
"Hahahha. What would you buy 'em?"
"Barbie's, lots of them, and I'll dress them in the most girliest way possible. We were talking about girls, right. It should be purple and pink, cute tank tops, shorts, skirts... *evil laugh*"
"And I'll dress mine in these little suits. *evil laugh*"
Gosh, off course we won't be to that extreme. Our daughters and us will be like Rory and Lorelai, pop culture whores to the bone but still classy, wise, and sophisticated in our own ways.

Happy Valentine everyone!

And best wishes for my dear friends and former colleagues who will tie the wedding knot this Wednesday.

Jeng, kamu kok ngedeluanin "mak comblang"-mu sih? Huhuhuhu...



Comments:
hehehe, Rory & Lorelai rawks. me wanna be cool mum too.. :)

happy Vday dearries...
 
Aha, you're for sure gonna be one cool mum, dear. Happy V day too.
 
I was in awe, you make the lines for me in pink, too.

Anyway, you're more like emily instead of lorelai gilmore
:)))))))

-n-y-
 
Hush, I'm no Em.
 
Xinda...pengen nonton ballet Romeo and Juliet? --Wati
 
Wah, Ti, aku males nih nonton balet, opera atau Broadway aja gimana? Virany's baby shower is this next weekend, so I'm going to Houston afterall...
 
broadway: the phantom of the opera, tapi schedule-nya masih juli --Wati
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?