Do you know what are my favorite things to do on Ash Wednesdays? Aside from attending the mass, it's walking around campus staring at people's foreheads. I couldn't do the walking around this year due to the teaching schedule. I miss it, it's always a fun thing to do. It's also a relieve, a big one, to see that there are people that actually take time to attend mass during their hectic mid of week schedule.
And we're not talking about small number here. There were approximately three to four thousand people attending the 10 masses offered around campus. That's roughly 10 % of A&M's 44,000 student body. But it has never been about number, right. Every year this time around, this old friend of mine always teases me if I was ignorant enough to totally miss Ash Wednesday altogether. FYI, old friend, I've never missed the mass for five or six years now. That makes me quite a
relic. But everytime did I grasp the true meaning of Lent? I am not sure. So, it's all back to our own inner selves.
I am actually quite looking forward for Easter. The question is what should I give up for the season? Maybe watching
too much The X-Files reruns before bedtime, yeah, that and carbs.