I dressed a bit hippies to school today: old tunic top, a pair of khakis, and against all safety rules, a pair of (Ndoro Yadda's) open-toed shoes. The shoes are the one we need to focus on, as they are the cause of the little drama this half of the post. For starter, it's actually a pair of one of those Birkenstocks limitation. NY's are the classic, brown, two-straps, which, unfortunately, feature a tad narrower left toe. Birks, by the way, is a brand we both redeem quite unaffordable, for some of us poor college students anyways.
Things were just fine the whole day, until I came back to school after dinner. From home, I had a nice stroll through the cooler part of the pedestrian walk on the side of the church. Once arrived at school, I climbed the seven flight-of-stairs to the office/lab and just now I realize that the palm of my left toe hurts. From the feel of things (couldn't see it yet, I'm all wrapped up in clean room garment), it might grow some calluses from all the tear-and-wear of wearing the Birks-wannabe. Wonder if the real ones will cause a similar trouble. Note to self: should wear socks with prolong wear of this kind of shoes.
Next...
How do you feel when a total stranger from an elevator ride gave you his/her (out-of-state) phone number and asking you to please call sometime? Is it better than he/she demanding yours? Does it make you responsible to initiate further socializing with the person? I sometimes couldn't spare myself of baring all personal details in one innocent chit-chat. Oh, the naive me.