The good President, Mr. Gates, decided to give everyone a half day off today. Effectively, all university offices will be closed until January 1. Come January 2, everything should be get back to normal, or so everyone said.
I deposited five new samples these past three days. Further processing will wait until we get back from DC/NYC.
Almost went on a cardiopulmonary arrest when the main pump was suddenly stopped in the middle of things. Armed with a multimeter and some schematic of the relay, I tried to resolve the situation. Turned out, when the heater was turned back on a few seconds before, it sent extra current down the line that activated the relay's protection mechanism. One push of the reset button and it was all set back to normal. What a relieve.
Speaking of the trip, if the transit workers strike is not resolved until then, we have to face the increasing travel cost in the form of catching cabs. Either that or we walk and walk and walk for blocks in the freezing day or night. Good thing is the place we will stay at is right there in the middle of Manhattan.
Oh, NY and I baked some
Putri Salju and
Kaastengel tonight. The smell of butterry goodness permeates throughout the apartment. We still haven't decided on to actually have an "open house" during Christmas day. Either way, I am in the mood of cooking
Lontong.
I think this post is getting way boring. I am stopping it here.