Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Friday, May 19, 2006
 

#29

We are at one of our long lunches. I wonder how many more we will have before you leave. Why does everyone have to go? When will be my turn?

You do not spend time to look at the menu and just pick the same one I order. It turns out to be not what you expected, but I guess it's one of your good nature, you like it even better than your usual order. You grab the chopsticks and transfer your egg roll to my bowl. I look at the mountainous fixing of vermicellis, meats, and vegetables. Man, there's no way I can eat all of that. So before I even take a single bite, I approach our waiter demanding a to-go-box.

And then we eat and conversation runs as usual. This time, it's about your business scheme for a casual ethnic oriented eatery in our home country. You have the whole thing planned. Will you ever go for it? Maybe.

Suddenly you stop and point out that it's sort of chill here inside this restaurant. I look up to the ceiling and observe that we are no where near any AC drops and that I feel everything is just perfect. I then offer to switch seat with you but you say it's okay, it might be just you getting a bit unwell.

And then we talk about your ex-girlfriend and how you finally got your "pride" back from that one night. You always talk about these things with me and I always find them amusing. I never 100% agree with what you say but I just keep listening.

"It's fun to be dealing with this sort of 'thing' in our age, huh? When in my 30's I'm hoping I could settle down with a family and a home," I declare.

You don't agree. "This is the sort of thing that makes your life more exciting, no matter how old you are." And you proceed to tell stories about your grandma and her gentlemanfriend/fling. You promise in 30 years you will check back with me (through one those instant messengers) if that same thing applies to me. Ha ha ha.

You are too hilarious. I bet you have enough stories to tell for a roadtrip across the continent. I am gonna miss you, man.



Comments:
ade buka ini blog lgs excited baca this longass entry. love love love it when u update. :)
 
Nyesel ngga sih pada minta update? Hahahaha....
 
ahhh me have to ask adendas about who the guy in this entry is..hummm....

--kodoque
 
Sedih juga kalo dia cabut, siapa lagi yang ngajak eike (pseudo) date yaa...huhuhu...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?