Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Tuesday, May 27, 2003
 
Under-water

It was the gloomiest day on earth for as long as she could remember. She sat with her back on the metal guard on the one side of an empty long dusty road. Suddenly she realized, there was a large body of water on her side of the road. The water was dark and calm, she was curious. "It doesn't look that deep, maybe I should try checking it with one of my hands". She moved a little towards the water and put her right hand into it. "I couldn't reach the bottom, funny, it doesn't look that deep from here."

She then stood up and moved even closer. "I could use some diving". She entered the water, held her breath, and started diving down. "This is strange", she said. "I never had the guts to go into something other than limpid water".

Down, down, and further down she went, still she couldn't find the end. She was almost out of her breath, but she kept going down. "No, I have to find the bottom. Keep going, keep going."

Couple more minutes had been gone, she intentionaly ignored the fact that there was not a single bit of air left on her lung. She has come to like the strange feeling anf that she actually enjoyed the woeful journey. "Down..down..down...I need to reach the bottom..."





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?