Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Tuesday, October 07, 2003
 

A Few Good Men

"So, how do you get into the West Point?" I asked one of my students in the lab.

"Do you wanna go to the West Point?", he said in a shocking state.

This guy, a 25-year-old, has served for seven years and counting in the Air Force. The other day, he showed me his Air Force badge. Air Specialist, if I'm not mistaken was his then-current position. For a while, a picture of me walking in uniform, greeting other officers, was flashing faithfully.

"No, no, I'm just curious," I said.

"Oh, in that case, first, you have to have a recommendation from you State Senator, well, actually...First, you have to get a very high GPA in highschool, be very athletic, have done a bunch of community services, have clean records, and then the recommendation...In short, you have to be perfect."


Man, don't you think these military officers will be very good candidates for one's life partner because they possess some of those qualities beneficial to a child?

*Chicks dig the uniform, and more... ;)*





<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?