Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Thursday, April 15, 2004
 

As I was hurriedly walking...

As I was hurriedly walking upstairs to class, somebody was calling my name from a far back. I looked back and saw, it was a classmate of mine. I then inquired his answers to a few homework problems that have puzzled me these past hours. (This is after the syllabus epiphany, the homeworks for this class have an unusually significant contribution to the final grade, otherwise....) But that's not the point of the post.

As we were finishing the homework discussion, he revealed that he won't be able to attend the class today because of this preliminary project meeting with his other proffesor, and that the demo date for the project is in 2 weeks. I politely asked if it would be possible for us, the public, to come and see the performance. He said, "Sure, come and have fun." But that's not the point of the post either.

Throughout the course of the conversation, I was holding my head up 32 degree (if not more) so that I would be able to see his facial expression, just like a normal talk, no. (See the doodle below for more info). It was then that I realized, how hard it is to keep a physically close stand-up conversation with somebody significantly taller than you. And that's just a plain conversation. What if one involves with a more intimate physical contact with that kind of vertically unchallenged individual? Either one, if not both, will be troubled to the problems of aching neck or back, etc. Hihihi....






<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?