You know what, as peculiar as it seems, I have this love-hate relationship with blogging/journaling.
Be it as it may, I couldn't afford not to be back again. So, here goes.
Picture this, the scene was last Friday. Ndoro Yadda and I were on the line for the midnight show of
this movie. In front of us, was the line for
this movie. [So appropriate with the Triduum moment and all. Btw, Happy Easter to folks celebrating. How was the Saturday vigil? Instead of attending the fourhour one at the local church, I opted to go to the other place in the B-city with a twohour service. They had a purdy good music line-up, such as, the usual pipe organ, bells, piano, and trumpet, however, the choir...could have been better.]
Ella, was not what I had intended to see in the first place. It lacks that hip psychological X-factor
this movie seems to offer. But anyway, it is a perfect addition to the long lines of Princessy-Fairy Tale materials I've encountered so far (
The Princess Diary, The Prince and Me, Princess Bride, Ever After, countless childhood readings, bedtime stories, etc...).
I couldn't resist to observe the type of people who would want to stand in line for this kind of movie (Although, kids, you all know that we are not supposed to judge people by the movie they watch). Given that it is a midnight show, in the middle of an holiday weekend, there probably won't be that many people show up. So far, we got, the two of us, of course, and three teenagers, a guy and 2 girls. The girls dress up as if they were two hot clubbing materials. A couple in the early 20s showed up 2 minutes later, followed by a man in the late 30s. The last ones to arrive were another pair in the late 20s. Pretty normal audiences, right, except for the late 30s guy. He was the one who would laugh real hard later inside.
The movie tells a story about the adventure of Ella of Frell to undo the gift of obedience bestowed from her fairy godmother. It was enchanting in the beginning but lost its charm midway through. The movie borrows heavily from
Shrek, Cinderella, Snow White, even
The Wizard of Oz (Ella's costume had the appropriate blue and white colors, and there was this scene in the middle of yellow flower praire with the city seen on the far side). The use of "modern" music as the soundtracks instead of the grand symphonic of the usual fairy tale movies was kinda kinky, especially the ending, a happy fairy tale ending, of course.
Enough about that. I have another thing to kinda blab about. I've been having this butterfly on my stomach. For a reason so obvious, I couldn't stop to think about it for days. Haven't felt like this for along time now, I kinda forgot how to. Well, maybe I could talk about it later, if anything turn up, ok or otherwise.
Later,
X