Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
 

Ironic

If anyone dares to inquire, "How's work going lately?", my answer will be, "It's like 10,000 diodes when all you need is a transistor." I do mean it literally. Diodes in place of TFTs are all what I've seen sitting on all these working plates. I keep measuring every single one, waiting, wishing, hoping, and praying for any of those nano creatures to behave slightly closer to what had been expected coming out of them. Ahh, the joy of researching.

Enough about that.

G, a dear Panamanian friend of mine, is going on her long overdue Europe trip. She will visit a couple of places in Paris, then to Switzerland, Spain, Germany, and maybe England, all in a 4-week span. I visited her last night, she wanted to see all friends before departing, just in case something happen to her during the trip.

"I hope nothing happen ; but I can avoid feel something worry when you heard about so many crazy people triying to make a Caos in the World." Her words exactly.

A visit to G's means I'll be served the never empty pitcher of Schwan lemonade while she updates me on her life, her family's, and our mutual friends'. All these are occasionally interrupted by Penny, the family's mixed bred bilingual dog, wanting to go out of or into the house.

All excitement aside, one place that G's really looking forward to visit is the Grotto of Lourdes. She's been asking all of her friends if they want to let her bring their sealed petitions so she could place them at the Grotto. I handed her my prayers of petition for each member of my family, and for world peace, writen in a purple gel ink on a sheet of pink tissue paper mounted on a blue Mulberry paper. I know, plain white paper will do. I suppose it's nothing wrong to make it a bit nicer in appearance.

Do you believe in prayers?



Comments:
i still make paperbirds whenever i wish for something/someone. call it wishful thinking, but i still do those, uhhh, crap. it gives me hope, and hope gives me strenght... :)
 
May the force be with us always, Jeng.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?