Almost every Saturday for the past few months, I would wake up late, skipped breakfast, and then enthusiastically ran a 4-mile track around campus. The running was divided into 1-mile segments where I got a four-minute break in between. One-mile segment, you said? Well, yes, I don't quite have the physique and, most importantly, the will power to run a longer distance at one time. I'm hoping, though, that one day, I could conquer a 5-K, or better yet, a marathon.
For one reason or another, I didn't feel like running today. Instead, Ndoro Yadda and I had a trip down to the Discount Tire to taking care of a suspecting flat on the driver side. Turned out that the front and rear right passenger tires desperately needed changing, and that even the cheapest ones would cost us one month grocery --we're big eaters and cooks, mind you. Anyway, they promised to get it done in fourty-five minutes.
A fourty-five minute waiting with reading materials that include magazines like
Car & Driver and
Gourmet would of course be a waste of a fine Saturday, not that they are bad magazines, but you know. So off we went by foot to surrounding places of business (see the out-dated satellite picture below). It was just feel weird to be walking across and along the busiest avenue of any Texas town. Everybody drives down here, when you are down on your feet, it's like you against the whole world.

So, anyway, Ndoro Yadda and I are in desperate need to up-date our wardrobes. Since it's almost summer, we need more short-sleeves stuff both for play and for something a bit formal. We had been out of luck with the mall pricewise these past two weekends, so we figured this time we should try Target, Old Navy and that Steinmart. No luck there too. By this time, 90 minutes had passed, and the tire guy still hasn't called our cell. We ended up spent another hour browsing the book selection at Half-Price before finally decided to march back to the tire store demanding the status of our car.
Now that the car was ready, we decided to stop by Circuit City or Best Buy to look for a router. I just brought my computer back from the office and planning to install it in my (& NY's) bedroom. A plain ethernet hub used to simultaneously distributed our old DSL connection to my old desktop and to bro's laptop. It doesn't work with the cable modem we subscribe to now. We would need either a wireless router and three Wi-Fi adapters (for the two desktops and one laptop) or a good old plain one with a 50-ft CAT 6 cable. Pricewise, the later won, and there goes the 90 bucks. We could've searched for all those online, but the thrill of waiting and the horror of returning (when needed) along with the questionable security beat the $40 price difference. Excuses, excuses, truth is, we just need that instant gratification.
So, here I am, bringing you this longer-than-usual entry from the comfort of my own room.
Have a good week!