Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Saturday, April 09, 2005
 

Too many stories to be told..

..I wonder where to start.

Have I told you that I was three steps closer to death last Saturday, the day the Pope died? Apparently, both high and low presure venting lines of the silane gas panel had been leaking. When I opened the window, it ultimately sent in more oxigen into the cabinet. You see, there were the fuel and the oxidant. Some explosion and flame were quickly shot themselves towards my direction. Luckily, there was still enough time to close the cylinder source, and that I was calm enough to be able to keep it under control. Had the capacity of the building exhause been lower, I would have at least suffered a heart attack from unexpecting the bigger bang, and a second degree burn all over from the flames.

Following the many cycles of evacuation and purging and multiple thorough helium inspections, the exact source of the leak have yet to be found. I couldn't resume experimentation, not until everything is back to safety.

I am in a highly anxious state of desperation. The semester is almost over, while I, on the other hand, haven't even started the research work planned.

Please, pray for my poor soul?



Comments:
Waduh, serem sekali itu! Untung bisa tenang ya.

Hmm, tuntut universitasnya? >:)
 
Iya, untung banget waktu itu. Kalo terjadi lagi, nggak yakin deh bisa setenang itu. Ini alatnya udah mau dikirim balik ke yang buat biar bisa dibenerin.
 
Semoga lancar & sukses researchnya ya Nda. Stay strong!


miTTen
 
Iya ya, kayak Lance Amstrong, harus beli gelangnya nih, heheh.

Makasih, Mbak Mit.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?