Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
 

Somekind of a biological clock or something

At B&N last night, I picked up this book and read it all the way to the beginning of chapter 16. It was such a page turner, enjoyable and fun at the same time. That stuff about the ducks migrating from the frozen pond, that cracked me up really.

So anyway, I read it on an oversized green sofa in the corner. That sofa being available was trully a rare occasion, you see. How lucky I was! Beside me, there was this one guy who sat on the one to my right with both his feet up on the table.

At one time, my coughing was in the verge of becoming an annoyance so as a courtesy for fellow readers in the area I briskly walked towards the restrooms. Besides, I really could use a water fountain to tame the itchiness that was my throat.

When I got back, the guy was sitting straight up, the book was on the table, his feet were down, and he was yawning.
"I am sorry. I didn't notice you were there up until you left."
"Hey, no problem."
"I guess I was heavily into this book. I've finished 300-something pages in the one hour or more I've been here."
"Oh, wow, such a rapid reader. Is that the new Anne Rice where she wrote about Jesus when he was a seven years old? I couldn't remember the title."
"It's not, but I know what you're talking about. There's this one book about [some character] drinking his savior's blood and become all-powerful. But anyway, this book is killing me!"

And the he went on and on about how Memnoch is evil but not really a devil...or something. All that time I didn't actually listen to the things he said but instead I was measuring him up and down, you know what I mean. It wasn't really about the physical thing --I admitted there was something about it stuffed somewhere-- but mostly it was more like if we could click on conversations or something. And maybe, I could act on it. Maybe.

Gosh, I don't normally do that to people.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?