A Tribute to My Baby Blue
While driving to Waco [prev posting], it hit me. I miss my Baby Blue. For 4 years, she has been my mean source of transportation. It was love at first sight. Something deep inside wept, as I signed over the title registration to the new owner.
We traveled as far north to Norman, OK and down south to San Antonio. She was there for the two rafting trips, the shopping, the groceries, countless nightly stayed at the lab. Other than the occasional necessary belts changing, oil changing, and tune-ups, she was truly dependable. But this is just the time to let go, 11 years is critical, for financial and mechanical reasons.
I gathered all of the maintenance receipts, insurance cards, registration renewals in one folder; those and the pictures are the mementos worth keeping. Good bye Baby Blue. I wish you a good old age ahead. Live long and prosper!