If you could change history, what would you change?
OMG, I don't even know where to start. There were a lot of things happened yesterday. Let me just tell you what I went through last night, it needs a whole other blog moment to cover the technicalities of the earlier hours, plus I have made it a promise to minimize post about that particular stuff--the
micro poly crappola thing, as Mr.
SP properly put it.
Well, maybe let's just start with Monday evening. I finally was able to go see
Finding Nemo. Agree with
d, the graphic was totally cool. There were couple of times when I couldn't differentiate if it was a real scenery or a computer generated one. The story was kinda good too. It was of course not a wishy-washy-romance-where-is-my-prince/princess kinda genre. It was about Marlin the clown fish's journey to find Nemo his lost son. Quite an adventurous one too. So the joke were not original, they pulled up stuff from the usual American cliches including the '70s
totally, dude! lingo. What could we expect, main targeted audience were kids with varying ages.
Shrek is still the best one for the slightly mature audiences. ;)
Back at home, I decided that I still didn't have enough entertainment for the day. So, I proceeded to watch
The Pianist. Man...it really makes me want to learn all this stuff about hatred specifically about the Anti-Semitism. What is it with our supposedly humane society to go treating people as if they are all wild boars in the jungle?
B mentioned this one word,
pogrom [Merriam- Webster: an organized massacre of helpless people; specifically : such a massacre of Jews.]
I fell asleep as soon as the movie ended. It did drench all the energy I had left for the day. I woke up fresh 10 hours later. Went to school early, checked blog and e-mails. And I got one e-mail from G. Haven't heard from her for at least 1 month.
She invited me to come together watching the 2003 Miss Universe pageant. Yeah, I know, it's kinda degrading for us women to "support" this beauty contest thing. But I couldn't deny, it's some form of entertainment. Yes, there are million reasons why they keep these beauty contests year after year. It is business: cosmetics, tourism, stuff. You know why the winners are always from Latin America or India and lately other Asian countries? Because these countries are the biggest market for beauty products.
Anyhow, G did not really care about the 71 contestants competing. She was more interested in showing me the beautiful Panama. This year's pageant was held in Panama City, in conjuction with their 100 years celebration free from Spain colonialization. Panama is indeed
beautiful. The beaches and the interior part are amazing. G has an opinion, that actually Panamanian government has to pay more attention to this nature tourism instead of totally focusing on the businesses that come out of the Panama Canal.
So, in the end, Miss Dominican Republic holds the title. Although I think, it should have been Miss South Africa. She has nice posture and behavior, she is attractive and beautiful, and she looks mature, and importantly, she gave the most logical answer in the final interview.
Btw, I tried this new munchies from Panama last night. It's called
Hojaldres. The dough was made out of flour mix, milk, and salt. It was then turned into thin slices and then deep fried. We put some salsa to eat it with. Yummy!