Kermit and JJ Bowen
I stumbled to this muppet movie short-titled
Kermit's Swamp Years. It was about the adventure of 12 years old Kermit and the gank travelling beyond the boundary of their safe nest. Their task was to save fellow swamp creatures from becoming the dissection objects of a 9th grade biology class.
That reminded me of a few years back in Junior High biology class. For the sake of observing the difference in the digestive and transportation system of the different families of animals, the groups of 5-6 students had to bring either a live chicken, rabbit, or frog. Adding to the shocking experience was that we had to self-dissect the poor creatures.
So, naturally, I refused to join the
fun and stayed outside for the whole class period. That day was the first time I cried in public, the second time was...well, let's not go there.
I have a soft-spot for animals. One time, I couldn't eat meat for weeks, knowing that the cooked savor on the table was Mimi, the hen. But as I grew
older, the Machiavellian side of me is getting stronger. Now, I pretty much could devour the cooked "normal" meat, even after I see their alive version.
Anyhow, I just got back from visiting a dear friend who just gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Let's welcome Jacob Johannes Bowen to the world.
*Biological clock is ticking, tick..tick..tick..*