This town, specially the
Northgate area where I live in, surely comes to live for the weekend on Thursdays night. For the R-OH & musically inclined, we have a country bar (2-step, anyone?), 2 saloons, and at least 3 beer places in the area. But that's not the point of this entry. :)
So, I was walking home yesterday night and happened to 2nd hand smoking to a guy who walked a couple feet in front. It smelled like a clove cigarette and right that instant I miss my father so much, I could die. My father who could easily blend in with the Minangese, the Javanese, and the Batak people, cause he speaks all three languages fluently.
One time, I was passing by some place (or is it an open sewer) somewhere here, and it felt as if I was walking right in the middle of the traditional market. The ones with the chicken, the meats, the vegetables & fruit stalls, the broken roads and the crowds.
So, that's true what that article on Time magazine said. Often, our olfactory (and tactile) sensors invoke deeper emotional feelings compared to the visual and auditory ones. They said, that's because the information from the first two are transported directly to the
amigdala, the main hub of emotional part of our brain, while the later two, while
enroute to the
amigdala, need to take a transit at the
thalamus, which is the last pit stop before the information are then processed by the
cortex. Phew, *taking a deep breath*, that was a long sentence.
As usual: wanna share your olfactory moment? :)