Misnomer: The X-Girl Picayune

The life (or is it the lack thereof?) stories of a twenty-6-year-old grad student
Thursday, January 20, 2005
 

A Cry for Help

Okay, this is scary, well maybe not as scary as getting a BSoD. I was trying to install the SP2 for my 2002 XP Professional. Yes, that's late, but I've heard lots of nightmares from people who unsuccesfully tried to install the pack on their machines, which justifies my postponing it for almost a year (or two?) now. Hard choices, eh, it boils down to either having a less secured, virus laden computer or a non-working one.

Anyway, when the installation had been finished and the computer got restarted, it just kept rebooting itself just before reaching the welcome screen. Any ideas how to tackle this issue? I downloaded the KB 8359355-SP2-ENU from Microsoft's downloads.




Comments:
Constant rebooting might mean your computer has virus. Run antivirus if you manage to get through to the welcome screen. -- Wati
 
Nope, this is not a virus problem. Through Googling I've found many people with this exact same symptom. Gaagh, I might need to format everything. Thanks though.
 
Safe mode bisa?
 
Enggak bisa, Pak. Semua pilihan untuk safe mode nggak ada yang jalan. Malah pilihan yang lain2nya juga nggak jalan, pasti langsung ke-reboot lagi.

Eh, nanya ya, kalo hard drive bermasalah ini gue jadiin slave drive di komputer lain, data yang gue simpen di My Documents drive yang bermasalah ini kebaca nggak ya?

Aduh gue dodol banget deh, nggak nyimpen My Documents di drive lain, huhuhuhuhuhu.
 
Mustinya sih bisa. Yang bikin reboot itu kan konfigurasinya, HD-nya mustinya nggak papa. Cari aja di \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents

Kalo di-boot dari disket bisa? Bikin aja boot disk di komputer sebelah. Atau boot dari CD Windows, trus masuk ke Recovery Console, dst kayak gini.
 
Akan dicoba. Wismilak.
 
Kretek filter.
 
No thanks, I'd prefer (chocholate) cigars.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Previously on Misnomer

Cliques and such

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?