Do you? I do.
On Saturday, I
attended went to a complete Moslem wedding[, first time ever attending such occasion], so I was really-really looking forward to it. I had never managed to be on the
Ijab Kabul part before, but was always on time to be on the reception part of each wedding,
yum..yum. Thanks to B who detoured all the way back to CS so that we could car pool together to Houston where the wedding took place, I even drove the car on the way back. Man, I miss driving manual, the power, the speed.
OK, back to the wedding part. The place where the wedding took place is called the Islamic Da'wah Center and is located on 202 Main and Franklin. It is a beautiful minor remodelling of an old bank and has its own parking. Hakeem Ulajuwon is the benefactor of the mosque. The downstair reception area still has the original safe deposits area which is turned into a library. It has a big circular time lock door, just like the ones we see in movies. The 2-floor mosque was big and has beautiful wooden carvings on the ceiling and nice curtains on surrounding windows which make it a very comfy place of worship.
So, there we were, 5 Indonesian Aggies among the other female guests, ringless (except for the
Aggie ring), with unknown prospect of marriages--well not really, remember I'm a drama queen. Luckily, I had Inok on my side, explaining the step-by-step of the ceremony, otherwise I would have missed the exact moment the bride and groom became officially a wife and a husband. Congratulations Cici and Radit! The delicious Middle Eastern delicacy served included Pita bread, rice, beef, salad w/ feta cheese, some kind of yogurt and for deserts we had Baklava and fruits.
On a totally different subject, yesterday, I found out that my biggest highshool crush, the one who was planning to become a celibate priest, has a girlfriend now. *Sniff sniff sob sob*
Alius patheticus amare fabula de Xinda